Outreach and Volunteer Coordinator
Posted April 23, 2021
The Outreach and Volunteer Coordinator will work with the Executive Director, Development Coordinator and Land Coordinator to further the mission of the South Alabama Land Trust (SALT). That mission is to protect land and promote environmental education in coastal Alabama so current and future residents can enjoy clean water and the marine life, wildlife, and outdoor recreation that define our area. The Outreach and Volunteer Coordinator will work towards this goal by planning and implementing community outreach programs and recruiting volunteers to get more people involved in SALT’s work and mission. The Outreach and Volunteer Coordinator will be asked to think creatively to cultivate beneficial partnerships that further the work of SALT.
- Recruit volunteers and oversee volunteer activities.
- Assist with mailings, and recruit volunteers for large mailings.
- Seek speaking engagements for SALT at civic and other group meetings to increase awareness of SALT and SALT events.
- Manage social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube).
- Assist with adding and editing content on the SALT website.
- Coordinate and participate in volunteer events and activities. Ensure that volunteer hours are entered into DonorPerfect, a donor management system.
- Coordinate environmental education and other outreach events.
- Serve on Development, Bald Eagle Bash, BirdFest and Stewardship committees.
- Support Development Coordinator with event planning, volunteer recruitment, setup and logistics.
- Attend community outreach events to promote the mission of SALT and connect with current and potential volunteers and donors.
- Assist with duties such as grant writing/reporting and accounting activities in QuickBooks online, and others as assigned by Executive Director.
QUALIFICATIONS & ATTRIBUTES
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing to a wide range of constituents.
- Ability to work efficiently with computers and standard office programs.
- Mastery of various social media platforms, proficient at Microsoft Office programs and Adobe Acrobat, and general computer literacy.
- Ability to work well as part of a small dedicated team to protect our coastal resources.
STARTING SALARY IS $36,400
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person in this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Send resume and cover letter to Connie Whitaker, Executive Director: