A legacy gift, or a planned gift, is a wonderful way to help build the long-term financial strength of the South Alabama Land Trust and continue protecting the land, the water, and the wildlife habitats in the places you love, forever. Your gift can have a lasting impact on the future of your community, and ensure that you are preserving wonder and protecting tomorrow.
There are many options for planned giving, such as bequests and estate plan gifts, charitable gift annuities, life insurance, charitable remainder trusts, and real estate gifts.
Bequests and Estate Plan Gifts
The most popular and easiest method of leaving a legacy gift is to include South Alabama Land Trust in your will or living trust. By making a bequest to SALT (a bequest is a gift from your estate—a transfer of cash, securities, or other property made through your estate plans) you will need to include language in your will or living trust leaving a portion of your estate to South Alabama Land Trust.
Some of the advantages of creating a bequest are:
- A bequest costs nothing now, yet gives you the satisfaction of knowing you have provided for SALT in the future.
- You retain control of and use of your assets during your lifetime.
- You may modify your bequest if your circumstances change.
- Gifts to SALT from your estate are exempt from federal estate taxes.
Why do donors choose a bequest?
- It is not payable until death, so it does not affect your assets or cash flow during your lifetime.
- It is revocable – you can change the provisions in your will or trust at any time.
- It is private – your will is not filed or made public until your death.
The South Alabama Land Trust tax ID# is 63-1021925. Our mailing address is 11401 U.S. Highway 98, Fairhope, AL 36532